Sunday, June 23, 2013

First time, Cap!



Decided to do some fanart tonight. I chose Captain America because I thought it would be fun to play around with costume design for him. This is actually the first time I've ever drawn Captain America! For the design, I referenced Chris Evans for the face, and Captain America: The First Avenger / Captain America: The Winter Soldier outfits for the clothing. So yeah, the design is heavily based on the movies, but honestly, I didn't have much of an interest in Captain America until the movies. As a comic book reader, I'm more into DC, but growing up I was heavily into Spiderman, so that's who my big Marvel hero was as a kid. But back to the drawing, I knew I'd have trouble with Cap's signature shield, so I saved that for last.. and struggled with it for awhile. It still looks wonky.. But overall a good night for drawing.

I'm still working on some projects and commission stuff which will be wrapping up shortly, as well as my company's new game! We've had to do a bit of crunch lately, but we're coming along. I'm excited to show what the Massively Fun team has been up to :)

No comments: