Thursday, September 15, 2011

Taking a Breather

So I haven’t updated in a couple days.. This is mainly due to exhaustion. My last 2 daily sketches (which I did not post here) were not up to par with the quality I’d like to display, and my attention to detail was steadily dropping. I’ve found that it’s more challenging than it seems to work a digital painting job for 8 hours a day, and then come home to spend a few more hours doing these challenges. I can’t whip up something quick and be proud of the result- not yet anyway. All my challenges I have done have probably taken no less than 2 hours each. I want to be able to build up my speed and eventually have no problem doing a drawing a day on my free time. But it can’t be done right away. I need to learn to pace myself, can’t just run at it full speed.


SO, I will be taking a break over the weekend. Actually, kinda forcefully since I won’t be anywhere near a computer. I’ll be off camping and hopefully clearing my mind and refreshing my senses. Perhaps even a few pencil sketches will come of it. Anyway, just wanted to let my few followers what’s up, and you can expect more updates this coming Monday.


Thanks everyone!

-Alex

No comments: