Saturday, November 7, 2009

Decided to update (Oh snaps!)

These aren't too old, but not exactly new.


I painted these masks for a game I was doing at the Penny Arcade Expo. It was supposed to be a Team Fortress 2/Penny Arcade mash up game with my friends and I Spying it up as Penny Arcade characters. I kinda waited until the last minute to paint these, so the week before the expo was hell trying to get these done, but I think the work paid off, since so many people would comment on the masks asking if we got them somewhere, or if they were official swag. If you were a PAX goer this year and you saw people wearing these faces around the convention, that was my group! I was Tycho, btw if you all were wondering.

This was a commission piece requested by my mom as a gift for her boss (I think he was leaving the company). The drawing portrays my mother and her co-workers reciting common things they've said in the workplace. She wanted the style of the characters to be cartoony and sexy, kind of cherubic. This was a fun piece to work on, especially being able to try out a new style. I was mostly influenced by the work of Arthur De Pins (Warning, a lot of his art is not safe for work!).

That's all for now, I'll post some sketches tomorrow.

1 comment:

B. Heath said...

It's tomorrow! I demand sketches!