Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Trinquette Challenge

Hey yooo~ I've been gone too long...  I feel like there's a lot to talk about but I'm always too preoccupied with whatever to write it down. I'll try to squeeze in a few posts this week, maybe to talk about some recent art books I got or movies I saw. Anyway, today was a productive night. The very talented Alberto Ruiz has been doing a weekly drawing challenge for the past few months via his facebook page, and tonight I decided to participate for the first time! Basically, he posts a photo and you use it as reference for whatever art piece you'd like to make. It's totally open to your interpretation as long as you use the source material. I had been meaning to start doing these challenges for the longest time, but yeah, you know...

Original image (I do not own this image, it is used for practice purposes only) :

My interpretation:

Nothing very creative, at least not like a lot of the submissions I see with these challenges, but perhaps next time... I just wanted to use this as a study piece :). Added the numbers because why the hell not? What do they mean? No idea. It's all the same woman, so uh.. clones..?




No comments: